Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Only Words Written By The Finger Of God

The Only Words 
Written 
By The 
Finger 
Of God

Happy Riches 
B.A.  M.A.  D Min.
(An Attitude of Gratitude)

   Copyright © 2018 Happy Riches
All rights reserved.



 He that is of God hears God's words
(John 8:47)

A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.
Proverbs 18:2
He who gets wisdom loves himself; he who keeps understanding will prosper.
Proverbs 19:8 

If YOU are a genuine researcher and desire to know the truth regarding what the Bible actually states, it is recommended that you read through the contents of this book slowly, carefully, contemplatively, and prayerfully, checking all the Scriptures as you go, by copying and pasting them into HERE. This makes checking the Bible easier. There are many truths that are specific to each chapter that people overlook. If you only look at a page and then declare you have read a book and are given to false representation of the truth, do not bother reading any further, go here and read this page, it might help you more.

If chapter links do not work, as they are often sabotaged, the chapters are in the blog archives that are easily accessible via the side panel.

Unless otherwise indicated, Bible quotations have come from the English Standard Version (ESV--The Holy Bible, English Standard Version Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers.) Used by permission.


A SHORT TESTIMONY

Jesus Christ is coming back to Earth to reign in righteousness!

The reason I accept that Jesus Christ is returning to Earth has nothing to do with hearsay or my imagination. The main reason I believe the return of Jesus Christ to be true is that I have encountered Him and I have an intimate relationship with Him. Jesus does not physically occupy a bed in my home, and neither does he visit me as flesh and blood. However, Jesus has an abiding presence within my spirit. Jesus also occupies a place in my thoughts. This has always been the case since I had my first encounter with Jesus Christ, my Lord.

There was a time when I did not have a relationship with Jesus. I acknowledged the Creator God, but not Jesus. Back then, even though I considered churchgoers to be hypocrites, I failed to see how the Universe could exist without a Designer. There were too many principles that worked on a reliable basis. Besides, I did not need anybody to tell me that the Earth was round and existed inside a dome. When standing on the summit of a 1227 ft mount (found out it was 1227 ft and not 400 ft, which explains the panorama) at the age of eight, I could see that the Earth was circular, and looking up at the sky above was like being inside a round ball, as it cast its blue canopy from the edges of the countryside to form a dome over my head. Because of this, I often wondered how people could have thought the Earth was flat. To be honest, I find it difficult to believe that they ever did. Someone just made up the story about the Flat Earth Society and the myth has been perpetuated as fact with the help of vested interests.

History is something I have never really trusted, because when speaking to people and reading newspapers, different interpretations of events and embellishment of facts frequently surface. Being a realist, I need to substantiate the evidence of historical facts in the present. Experience, which includes observation, becomes the only true teacher of life, and while I might be able to question the past, I cannot deny the present. The proof of the pudding is always in the eating. If I feel something eating me, even if it is only my painful thoughts, I am consciously aware that I am alive and existence is not an illusion.

When I saw a change in my grandmother and grandfather’s behavior, and they accredited this change to having found Jesus, this made an impact on me. Both of them claimed to have seen Jesus at the same time in their lounge room, but from different advantage points. Now there was one thing of which I was sure, my grandparents were not liars. When my grandmother gave me a Bible to read, out of respect for her, I accepted it.

When I was twelve, I had attempted to read the King James Version of the Bible. I found it written in a foreign language—even if it is English. King James English was not the English I was accustomed to reading. Consequently, the King James Version of the Bible proved to be a discouragement to me. The Living Bible my grandmother gave me, I found easy to read. Because I respected my grandmother, I decided to read it. I began at Genesis and read through to the book of Job. I read about different people, but nothing about Jesus.

After reading the book of Job, I had the terrifying feeling of a black hole beginning to form inside my inner being. At the time, it felt as if a rat was eating me from within. The hole was getting larger; along with the accompanying pain and the growing feeling of emptiness that filled it. My response to this terrifying experience was that I felt I needed to know Jesus. Jesus was the One Who made the difference in each of my grandparents' lives.

Not knowing what to do, I decided to get on my knees and pray to God to show me Jesus. After two hours of calling out to God to show me Jesus, nothing happened. I felt forsaken. I thought to throw myself out of the second floor window on to the pavement below. This was a fourteen-foot drop. It occurred to me that fourteen feet was not very high and, if I did not die, I might become a paraplegic or quadriplegic or a vegetable. I found this unappealing. In a flash of desperation, I decided to take the shotgun in the adjacent room and start shooting above the heads of the army of city office workers walking out from the railway station to their workplaces. I quickly reasoned the police would kill me. Then God would be responsible for my death: since I had sought Him; only He did not answer me.

When I went to move, some force prevented me. I could not even move my arms. In my blind anger, I said to God that He had six hours to prove himself. I then proceeded to tell God what I thought of life on Earth, finishing my reasoned tirade by saying that there is no love in the world and I possessed none. After having vented my frustration and confessed my own inability to love, my body began to tremble. A loud voice that seemed to fill the whole room said, “My prodigal son!” Jesus appeared before me and left via the ceiling as if He were carrying something in His arms. As Jesus’ head touched the ceiling, the night sky appeared in its place. I had the thought that Jesus was taking my soul to Heaven. I watched Jesus go beyond the Milky Way. Suddenly, I was left gazing at the ceiling, while still on my knees with my hands clasped together. Tears flowed from my eyes. I began babbling like a baby. Then what seemed like a small quiet voice said, “Go to bed now, son.” Unhindered, I rose to my feet freely.

When I woke in the morning, there was a sense of joy within my being. It felt like someone had placed within my chest an elongated balloon pumped up with joy. The joy rose from my belly button to just below the top of my sternum. When I walked out the door into the street where I lived. Amazingly, the beauty of the plants, the trees and the sky struck me as something I had never seen before.  A voice in my head told me that I should not tell people what happened least they thought that I was mad, so I kept what happened that night to myself, even the very succinct version as told here.

However, I did tell people that they needed to know God.  Eventually, I did tell people, from time to time, what happened the night I encountered the risen Lord Jesus Christ.

Since that night, I have had no doubt about Jesus being real. I have had the assurance of salvation within my inner being ever since, regardless of my circumstances.

However, learning to know the truth about life and my own purpose in the scheme of existence has been a battle. I have discovered that while I have a relationship with Jesus, and possess an ever-abiding assurance of salvation within, I am similar to a sailing vessel at sea that is tossed to and fro by the wind and the waves, because I am constantly subjected to all manner of social, psychological and spiritual experiences within my environment.

The world we live in is not just physical; it is spiritual. There are forces at work that are intent on destroying us. They do not want us to enjoy what God has ordained for us to have. Since that night I saw Jesus leave my lounge room through the ceiling, the eternal dimension of the spiritual realm has become real. Prior to that, I did not believe in such a thing as the Devil. However, I have come to learn that the Devil himself is certainly not alone; for many are the different types of demonic powers within the spiritual realm that seek to distract and afflict us with personal torments.

Paul, the Apostle to the Gentiles, informs us that we are to work out our own salvation, even though God is at work in us. This does not mean we are to work for salvation, rather it means we are to reason out what is required of us that we might be saved. Many people think that reasoning is of the Devil and not a faculty of our being that God created. However, the prophet Isaiah said that we are to come to God and reason with Him (Isaiah 1:18). Unlike animals, we have the capacity to reason.

The reason I have come to accept the Bible as reliable is not based on a theory or a dogma, but because I have found it accurately describes my experience of life and relationship with God. For instance, I possess the joy of salvation that is promised in the Bible, and Jesus said that the Bible bears witness to Him, but because people do not come to Him, they do not discover salvation. My testimony is the Bible states the truth.

Jesus is returning in the very near future. However, the Bible says that He is coming back for people who are ready to meet Him. Jesus spoke about those who would be ready for His return in the Parable of the Ten Virgins. The much respected Matthew Henry wrote in his commentary, “Sincere Christians are the wise virgins, and hypocrites the foolish ones. Many have a lamp of profession in their hands, but have not, in their hearts, sound knowledge and settled resolution, which are needed to carry them through the services and trials of the present state.”

The book of Hebrews talks about Jesus being ordained into the Melchezidek priesthood and then says,
 “Concerning this we have much to say which is hard to explain, since you have become dull in your [spiritual] hearing and sluggish [even slothful in achieving spiritual insight]. For even though by this time you ought to be teaching others, you actually need someone to teach you over again the very first principles of God’s Word. You have come to need milk, not solid food. For everyone who continues to feed on milk is obviously inexperienced and unskilled in the doctrine of righteousness (of conformity to the divine will in purpose, thought, and action), for he is a mere infant [not able to talk yet]! But solid food is for full-grown men, for those whose senses and mental faculties are trained by practice to discriminate and distinguish between what is morally good and noble and what is evil and contrary either to divine or human law (Hebrews 5:11-14 AMP[i]).
In the Bible, we are encouraged to receive with meekness the Word of God that is able to save our souls, providing that we put away all malice, deceit, hypocrisy, envy and slander. Then like newborn infants, we are encouraged to drink the pure spiritual milk, that by it we may grow up into salvation (James 1.21; 1 Peter 2:1-3).

When we think of what Jesus said, and what James and Peter have to say, we can see that those people who are more intent on doing the work of the accuser of the brethren are not walking in accordance to the Scriptures. The Apostle John (1 John 1:5-7) exhorts us to walk in the light and not in darkness. Moreover, from the above-mentioned texts of Scripture found in James and Peter, even though Jesus Christ has secured salvation for all on the Cross of Calvary, it appears there are at least three phases to obtaining salvation.

First, there is the need to put away evil. Secondly, we need to become like newborn babies that are reliant upon the spiritual milk. Thirdly, we grow into true salvation.

From what I have learnt, it is impossible to exercise faith towards God without repenting from dead works. This forms the first of the foundational principles stated in Hebrews that follow on from chapter five. What amazes me is how Christians would tell me that the Ten Commandments are no longer valid, and yet these are the very words the New Testament refers to as the milk of the word. More amazingly, people do not know the Ten Commandments and, according to the books of Jeremiah (31:33) and Hebrews (8:10; 10:16), these should be written on every Christian’s heart. The Apostle Paul gives the impression that the just requirements of the Law should be tattooed on our hearts by the Spirit of God (Romans 8:4; 2 Corinthians 3:2-3). Besides this, how can we repent from dead works if we do not know what they are?

This book (although it touches some twenty different fields of inquiry) seeks to address this problem that people have not knowing the only passage of Scripture that was written by the Finger of God. Clearly, every Christian ought to know the Ten Commandments by heart and be able to encourage people to experience a deeper walk with God through a personal relationship with Lord Jesus Christ.

Certain people teach that sin originated with God because He ordained evil. I have sought the Lord God on this issue and I keep returning to what the Bible clearly states about sin originating with the Devil: “…for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil” (1 John 3:8 RSV[ii]—cf. John 8:44).  Anyone teaching otherwise is a false teacher.

This book is written with the understanding that God did not create people for eternal torment and neither did Jesus die only to save a few; rather, Jesus came that the whole world could be saved. “He is the expiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world” (1 John 2:2). Whosoever believes in Jesus will not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16). This life begins when we repent from our dead works and seek to understand how we can grow in our faith towards God (Hebrews 6:1). To reject Jesus and the way of salvation is to reject the purpose of God and face the prospect of being held accountable for our own sins that we have committed against other people and the Holy Spirit.

Now that I am a Christian, I am so grateful that I have not rejected Jesus; rather I have accepted the personal challenge of proving every day that He reigns over every situation.


Happy  Riches
CONTENTS


To get the most out of reading this book it is best to read through each chapter progressively, beginning with chapter one at the bottom of this page. If you work your way though the book, you will see how much the Bible has to offer you. Moreover, you will begin to grasp the simplicity of God's Word and how what Almighty God wrote with His Own Finger encompasses the complexity of the world in which we live. 

The chapters are accessible via the blog archive panel in the side bar.





1
Why The Ten Words



2
We Are Gods (created in the image of God)

         

3
The Jealous God



4
A Woman’s Mirror And A Man’s Money      
     


5
Learn To Take It Easy

        

6
Claim Your Inheritance
      


7
The Value Of Life

      

8
The Mystery Of 
Marriage 

       


9
Develop A Creative Spirit
      



10
True Or False


11
Opportunities Knock



12
What It All Means 

   

    

The chapters are accessible via the blog archive panel in the side bar. 


NOTES

[i] Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission.
[ii] Revised Standard Version of the Bible, copyright 1952 [2nd edition, 1971] by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so blessed.Please keep up the good work. We are a teaching, training, healing and sending forth ministry sent by HOLY SPIRIT in CHRIST JESUS through GOD HIMSELF to return HIS people back to their first love, making them disciples of the cross and to prepare HIS people for HIS second coming.
    We support ministries that teach holiness, rigteousness, truth, holy living, honest living and the second coming of CHRIST JESUS. We also support childrens ministries orphans and childrens homes in Africa. We are World institute for strategic evangelism. W.I.S.E. In the past we were not told by HOLY SPIRIT to be on the internet.So we have not been, however we will soon be by HIS grace.
    You are free to partner with us in whatever way HOLYSPIRIT leads you.Right now we are in U k Canada Usa Africa Ghana Nigeria Uganda and spreading to other parts of the world. So blessed.

    ReplyDelete